Mike Yorkey is the author or co-author of more than seventy books, including these collaborative efforts:
- Believe: The Eric LeGrand Story, the story of Rutgers football player Eric LeGrand, who was paralyzed from the neck down on a kickoff play in 2010
- My Big Fat Greek Diet by Nick Yphantides, M.D., who lost 270 pounds
- Play Ball by former San Francisco Giant pitcher Dave Dravecky
- Holding Serve by tennis star Michael Chang
- Every Man’s Battle by Steve Arterburn and Fred Stoeker (there are nine books in this series that have sold 2 million copies)
- Up, Up and Away: The Story of Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. (they were part of the Sixties music group, The Fifth Dimension)
Mike grew up in La Jolla, California, and graduated from the University of Oregon with a B.S. degree from the School of Journalism. After a stint as a newspaper editor, he was editor of Focus on the Family magazine from 1986-1997 and also held other titles at Focus on the Family, including editorial director and editor-in-chief.
Mike has been married 33 years to Nicole, a native of Switzerland. He is the co-author of two World War II novels, The Swiss Courier and Chasing Mona Lisa, which are set in Switzerland, France, and Nazi Germany.
Mike and Nicole are the parents of two adult children, Andrea and Patrick, and make their home in Encinitas, California.
His website is www.mikeyorkey.com.